CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Votes to Recommend New Dosing Schedule for Vaccination with TRUMENBA® (Meningococcal Group B Vaccine)
Public Company Information:
- For persons at increased risk for meningococcal disease and for use during serogroup B outbreaks, 3 doses of TRUMENBA should be administered at 0, 1-2, and 6 months
- When given to healthy adolescents who are not at increased risk for meningococcal disease, 2 doses of TRUMENBA should be administered at 0 and 6 months
- If the second dose is given at an interval of less than 6 months, a third dose should be given at least 6 months after the first dose
- Three-Dose Schedule: Administer a dose (0.5 mL) at 0, 1-2, and 6 months; or
- Two-Dose Schedule: Administer a dose (0.5 mL) at 0 and 6 months.
- The choice of dosing schedule may depend on the risk of exposure and the patient’s susceptibility to meningococcal serogroup B disease.3