Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Leadership of Open Discussion

The great thing about our government is that they keep giving us examples of business and leadership practices. This morning I was listening to President Barack Obama talk about the new nuclear agreement with Iran. What I’m about to say has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with the plan — it has to do with something he said during his speech.
President Obama said:
“So I welcome a robust debate in Congress on this issue and I welcome scrutiny of the details of this agreement. But I will remind Congress that you don’t make deals like this with your friends. We negotiated arms control agreements with the Soviet Union when that nation was committed to our destruction and those agreements ultimately made us safer … So, I will veto any legislation that prevents the successful implementation of this deal.”
Wait, what? I welcome debate — but it will not change anything?


The Leadership of Open Discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.