On a recent trip to Australia, Fred Noe, the master distiller at Jim Beam, stopped by a liquor store in a small town outside Sydney. In the city, Noe had seen hundreds of people line up to get his signature on a bottle of bourbon. "My guys said, 'Fred, you're a rock star!' And I said, 'Yeah? Where are my groupies?' " But even here, in the Australian countryside, dozens of bourbon fans had shown up to greet him -- groupies included. "A lady asked me if I would come outside and sign the hood of her car," he says. "I took a Sharpie and wrote 'Stay on the Beam' on the hood of her Ford Falcon. Another lady wanted me to come home with her and sign her pool table, but the sales manager said, 'No way.' "
The billion-dollar bourbon boom - Feb. 6, 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.